Title I Grant Program
$2,500 in Funding for Eligible Schools
To bring this STEM opportunity to more students, the American Rocketry Challenge has developed a grant program to help Title I schools across the country compete in the 2020 competition. These grants will provide your school with the resources needed to launch a rocketry program, including an opportunity to secure initial funding.
About the Title I Grant Program
Applications for 2020 Title Grant Program are closed. Please stay tuned for information on the program for 2021.
Forty grants were given away in 2020: 30 dedicated to new Title I schools and ten for Title I schools that have previously competed.
Title I grantees receive:
Free Registration: The registration fee ($125) for your team will be waived.
Funding: A $2,500 grant will be awarded immediately after approval of your application, and another $5,000 will be awarded if your team qualifies for the National Finals in Washington, D.C.
Rocketry Starter Kit: The information packet has everything your team needs to know about how to create a rocketry team, including:
- An overview of the competition;
- A week-by-week timeline of what your team should be working on, and key competition dates;
- Rocketry supply shopping lists, including suggestions on where to purchase supplies, and discounts from vendors;
- Instructional rocketry videos from the National Association of Rocketry;
- 2020 Rules for The American Rocketry Challenge;
- A sample letter to solicit local sponsorship if needed; and,
- A letter from the National Association of Rocketry outlining the safety of the hobby and competition.
- A curated selection of news articles highlighting the competition
Mentorship: Your team will be paired with a local mentor from the National Association of Rocketry and/or the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. These mentors will make a commitment to help your team with rocketry and provide a deeper understanding of the career options in the aerospace industry.
Selection: Selection is made on a first-come, first-served basis. All applications must be completed in their entirety with all questions answered in order to be considered.
Get in Touch
While applications for 2020 are closed, it’s never too early to start thinking about next year! If your school is interested in applying for the Title I grant program, please contact our team and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.Contact Us