Title I Grant Program
$2,000 in Funding for Eligible Schools
New to rocketry? The American Rocketry Challenge offers grants to Title I schools to provide resources and initial funding to help launch a rocketry program.
25 grants are available for the 2022 competition, all for schools that have not competed previously in the American Rocketry Challenge. The deadline to apply for a 2022 Title I grant is December 1, 2021.
About the Title I Grant Program
This year, 25 grants are available to Title I schools who are interested in competing in the American Rocketry Challenge for the first time
Title I grantees receive:
Free Registration in physical and virtual competitions: The registration fee ($125) for your team will be waived and your team will be automatically eligible to compete in our Presentation and Marketing Competitions.
Funding: A $2,000 grant will be awarded immediately after approval of your application, with additional funding available if your team qualifies for the National Finals in Washington, D.C. Funds will be dispersed via check made payable to your school or school district.
Rocketry Starter Kit: The information packet has everything your team needs to know about how to create a rocketry team, including:
- An overview of the competition;
- A week-by-week timeline of what your team should be working on, and key competition dates;
- Rocketry supply shopping lists, including suggestions on where to purchase supplies, and discounts from vendors;
- Instructional rocketry videos from the National Association of Rocketry;
- 2021 Rules for The American Rocketry Challenge;
- A sample letter to solicit local sponsorship if needed; and,
- A letter from the National Association of Rocketry outlining the safety of the hobby and competition.
- A curated selection of news articles highlighting the competition
Mentorship: Your team will be paired with a mentors from the National Association of Rocketry and/or the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. These mentors will make a commitment to help your team with rocketry and provide a deeper understanding of the career options in the aerospace industry. Due to COVID-19, these mentors will be connecting virtually with your teams.
Selection: Selection is made on a first-come, first-served basis. All applications must be completed in their entirety with all questions answered in order to be considered. Grant applications will be selected and awarded on a rolling basis. You will be notified of your grant status no later than two weeks after applying. All applications must be submitted no later than December 1, 2021.Click Here to Apply for a 2022 Title I Grant
Get in Touch
Have questions about our Title I grant program? Please contact our team and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.Contact Us